Try this mini flower pot craft – DIY patio lights! It’s enjoyable, simple and so magical trying in your patio! These flower pot string lights are so twinkly and enjoyable, right here’s the right way to make them.
I really like so as to add colourful accents to my patio, any approach I can. That is one among my favourite initiatives from days again – mini-flowerpots for mini-lights! I now make them for family and friends and now I’ll share the method with you!
This challenge is featured in my e book, The Crafty Chica Creates.
Provides for Mini flower pot craft: DIY patio lights
- 1 strand of mini-lights
- mini terra cotta flowerpots (one per mild)
- sizzling glue
- Craft paint, brush
- Cloth (elective)
- Embroidery thread (elective)
- Previous, uninteresting scissors
Terra cotta pots are porous, that means they take in water and different substances simply. This could have an effect on the varieties of paint and glue that can work greatest.
Paint: Acrylic paint is commonly used for terra cotta pots because it adheres nicely, is sturdy, and is available in all kinds of colours. It’s additionally water-based, making it simple to wash up. For a extra shiny end, you possibly can use an acrylic enamel paint. Some folks additionally use latex paint, however remember the fact that it’d peel over time as a result of porous nature of terra cotta. For those who’re portray the pot for out of doors use, think about using a sealant over the paint to guard it from the weather.
Earlier than you begin portray, it may be a good suggestion to seal the terra cotta pot first utilizing a sealant. This may stop the pot from absorbing water from the paint and can assist the paint adhere higher. After portray, let the pot dry fully earlier than utilizing it.
Glue: Epoxy or a powerful adhesive like Gorilla Glue tends to work nicely with terra cotta. Some of these glues are waterproof and so they dry clear, making them a good selection for those who’re gluing items of a pot again collectively or for those who’re attaching decorations to the pot. For those who’re attaching one thing heavy to the pot, chances are you’ll need to think about using a development adhesive. At all times comply with the producer’s directions when utilizing some of these glues.
Keep in mind to all the time clear the floor of the terra cotta earlier than you apply paint or glue. This may assist the paint or glue adhere higher.
The best way to make it
- Open your scissors and insert a blade into the opening on the backside of the flowerpot and scrap to make the opening large enough for the sunshine bulb to suit by means of. Do that to all of the flowerpots.
- Paint the flowerpots and allow them to dry. Use white craft glue so as to add cloth trim across the edges too!
Whereas the paint is drying, open the field of string lights. Clean them out so it is going to be simple to work with once you add the painted pots.
When the pots are dry, add a coat of sealer. Let dry.
- One after the other, insert the mini mild bulb by means of the underside of the flowerpot and sizzling glue the bottom of the plastic casing of the bulb to the opening on the pot. Don’t get sizzling glue anyplace close to the bulb. Do that to all the flowerpots and lights and let dry.
Add no matter different designs you need. Line up all the lights so they don’t seem to be tangled.
Thanks for trying out my publish, I hope you want this challenge!
DIY Flower Lights